Sunday, April 10, 2011

Egg Casserole with Feta & Corn

I'm BACK! Not sure for how long but it's before 10pm and dinner and homework are both done so I figured I'd pick up where I left off. I started a new job about 6 weeks ago and have been going non-stop ever since. I've also had a miserable time with my current class and now that I just completed week 5, it seems the professor has finally figured out how to work the online classroom. Nothing like figuring it out 3 weeks before the course is over. I may also be doing some overseas traveling soon. I probably won't get to cook there but I'll definitely be taking pictures of what I eat (if/when I go)!

So, here is this yummy dish that could be good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

Ingredients
12oz yellow potatoes
2 tbsp EVOO
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, coarsely grated
6 eggs
1 cup of crumbled feta
extra shredded cheese (whatever flavor you like) to top the casserole with
S&P
Paprika
Arugula (garnish)


1. Preheat broiler to high. Peel/wash potatoes and chop into 1/2 inch cubes. Cook the potatoes in a point of salted boiling water for 5 minutes. 

2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook onion for 5 minutes.

3. Stir in zucchini and potatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then stir in corn. 


4. In another pan, crack eggs into pan and beat lightly, adding S&P. Stir in feta. 
5. Put the mixture of potatoes/onions/zucchini and corn into an 8x8 square baking dish and pour egg and cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake for 5-10 min until egg is cooked through. Then top with additional cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.



top with arugula and serve!



1 comment: