2/3 c chicken broth
2 tsp sesame seeds
3 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
7 cups of mushrooms
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves
cooked rice or noodles
1. In a bowl, stir together broth, sesame seeds, ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce and cornstarch until well blended.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil to a large wok. Stir fry carrots for 3 min and remove from wok and set aside.
3. Add remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
4. Add the bell pepper, shrimp and garlic to the wok and stir fry for an additional 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
(I added some really thinly sliced onion that was already in the fridge)
5. Stir in the sauce cook until mixture bubbles and add carrots and mushrooms to the wok. If you cooked rice noodles, toss them in with the sauce to coat, if not, serve the veggies and sauce over rice.