Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paprika Steak Wraps with Horseradish

I can't believe I failed my blog already. I guess I didn't plan for what would happen if I was gone ALL day. Friday, I was literally home 10 minutes and Saturday I slept a lot because of Friday and was the least productive I've been in a LONG time. I'm going to make up for it and do 3 blogs tonight but I'm not sure that actually counts. Hopefully I can make it through the week with a blog a night.

This recipe comes from a cookbook called "Quick and Easy" and it shows the recipe frame by frame with pictures, kind of like my blog. My co-workers got it for me when I left my old job about a month ago and it has AMAZING recipes. The chorizo, chili & chickpea casserole from the last post is from this book and the next 2 I post after will be from the book as well.

Ingredients
4 sirloin steaks, about 6oz each
1 garlic clove, crushed,
2 tsp paprika
EVOO
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsp creamed horseradish
8 small flour tortillas
1/3 c arugula leaves
2 firm, ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced 
S&P


I used my Cuisinart Griddler instead of a pan and I used a large piece of sirloin instead of a few smaller ones



1. Spread the garlic, paprika, S&P over the steaks and start to grill until it's cooked how you like it.





2. Mix together the horseradish and sour cream and spread over tortillas. I added extra paprika.



3. Slice the steaks into thin strips and divide among the tortillas. Top with arugula, onion and avocado. 









No comments:

Post a Comment