Monday, February 7, 2011

Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes

Alright, I'm finally up-to-date with my blogs! I made this recipe TONIGHT! I can't guarantee that this will last but for right now, I'm on the ball. I will be out of town Thursday-Monday this coming week so I may or may not be cooking and taking pictures but if I do, I will definitely post it later. My goal is to at least post my meal tomorrow and Wednesday night so I hope that works out!

This recipe was taken from a Pampered Chef cookbook so it was a little tough because the recipes are meant to be used with their ingredients and materials. There are definitely some things that I would change when I make this again.

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
6 small red or yellow potatoes
2 tbsp Mayo with Olive Oil
Thyme, Rosemary and Lemon Juice
one 3.5oz can of marinated artichoke hearts
1oz parmesan cheese

1. Preheat broiler. Cut potatoes and steam in microwave for 4-5 minutes. Chop artichokes into small pieces and mix with parmesan cheese and mayo. (The next time I make this, I will only use the cheese and artichoke hearts. Even though not a lot of mayo was used, it still overpowered the taste of the cheese and artichokes). 
2. Heat oil in 2 skillets. Place chicken in one skillet, drizzle with lemon juice, thyme and rosemary. Do the same for potatoes. Add S&P to taste.

3. Cook chicken on both sides until no pink remains but do not cook all the way through. Transfer to pan, coated in cooking spray, and cover with artichoke mixture. Place in broiler, about 5 minutes until cheese melts and starts to turn brown. Continue cooking potatoes.
4. Serve and Enjoy!!! 


This artichoke mixture would probably taste great over fish, like a thick white fish or salmon, as well! 





No comments:

Post a Comment