Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Leftover Chili Stuffed Peppers

Have you seen this yummy chili recipe? I used the left overs to make a different dinner because after a lunch/dinner/lunch of chili you kind of need something different and I would die if I had to throw away one ounce of this meal so I made peppers!

Ingredients
Left over Chili
1 cup white rice
2 red bell peppers
shredded mozzarella cheese
hot sauce

1. Heat oven to 375. Combine chili and rice in a bowl and mix together.

2. Wash peppers and remove tops and seeds. Fill with chili mixture to the top. Place in a pan/baking dish with a small amount of water lining the bottom of the dish. Heat in oven for 20-25 min to warm chili through and bake peppers. 

3. Remove peppers from oven and sprinkle with hot sauce and cheese. Place back in oven and bake until cheese melts, 5-10 min. I served this with some of the left over corn bread we had and some steamed cauliflower and broccoli :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment