Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bison Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries: Gourmet Fast Food @ Home!

I hardly ever eat ground beef. I try to make everything with turkey or even better: BISON (buffalo). I highly recommend it. It's leaner, has more protein, and for whatever reason, it's cheaper that a pound of lean ground beef at my grocery store. 

Ingredients:
For the Burgers:
1 egg
2 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 green onions (I just used white onion because that's what I had)
1 tbsp horseradish
1 lb ground buffalo/bison meat

For the Sweet Potatoes:
4 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp water
2 tsp Italian Seasoning 
1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
S&P
2 tbsp olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl, beat egg then add worchestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic, onions, and horseradish. Mix together, then fold in bison until all ingredients are mixed together. Form into four 1/4 patties. Cover and refrigerate.

(all ingredients, except bison, prior to mixing)


2. Place 1 tsp water and the sweet potatoes in a steamer and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes. 
(steamed potatoes)

3. Place the potatoes in a gallon size bag and top with Italian seasoning, lemon pepper and olive oil. Toss until seasoning coats the potatoes. Next, spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and season with S&P. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning once, so they are crispy. 




4. While the potatoes are cooking, begin the buffalo burgers. Cook for about 3-4 min on each side, then flip again and cook 6-7 minutes until they are well done.


I didn't have buns so I put my burgers on a slice of romaine lettuce, muenster cheese and then topped with BBQ Sauce. I was also really in the mood for broccoli so I steamed some of that as another side.
Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment