Monday, January 17, 2011

Three Cheese Baked Macaroni

This recipe was AMAZING. The mac n' cheese is really filling and really rich. It's an Emeril recipe from the October 2010 issue of everyday food. The original recipe and directions for cooking can be found here.

Here is the list of ingredients an the things I changed.

Ingredients
Sea salt
1/2 lb Elbow Macaroni (I used whole wheat)
3 slices of bacon cut crosswise into 1/2 in pieces
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
3 large eggs
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1/2 cup grated monterey jack
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
**I added broccoli to this meal to give it some fiber, I didn't measure it but I had a large head of fresh broccoli and cut it into small bite-sized pieces, enough to cover the bottom of an 8x8 glass baking dish


(sliced bacon, pre-cooking)


(eggs, evaporated milk, and spices)


(drained bacon and garlic)

macaroni, bacon, and egg mixture)

(this is like my heaven...so much cheese!!!)

(mixed mac and cheese ...don't forget to put the broccoli at the bottom)

(post baking)



No comments:

Post a Comment