Sunday, January 23, 2011

Save Room for Dessert: Bread Pudding

Remember these yummy donuts? Well, I had a bunch of leftovers and at the bottom of that recipe it said you could use the leftovers to make bread pudding because the donuts were best if eaten fresh. Just FYI, they were fine the next morning but I did use all the extras to make this:

I used this recipe for the pudding and of course, I made some changes AND I doubled the recipe to fit into a 9x13 baking dish. 
Here are the ingredients I used

Left over donuts
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (I used Golden because that's what was in the pantry)
6 eggs (the recipe states 4 but there were a lot of reviews saying that it was too "egg-y" so most people said to only use 3 and since I doubled it, I used 6) 
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350. Break bread (dounts) into crumbs until there is a layer covering the bottom of the pan. Drizzle melted butter over the crumbs and sprinkle with raisins. 

2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well mixed and pour over crumbs. Lightly push down with a fork until all the crumbs are covered and soaking up the mixture. (I wound up having a little extra liquid mixture that I didn't use)


3. Bake for 45 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment