Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friday Night Date @ TurCuisine

Last Friday, I took the roomie out to dinner @ TurCuisine in Herndon, VA. It's delicious! I remembered to take a picture of our food and wine but I forgot to take one of the appetizer (picture below is from the website) and my Turkish coffee because I was just so excited to have them! I get too excited around food for my own good. I really should control myself....

Anyways, this is what we had:

Appetizer: Meze Tabagi
Hummus (bottom left) , cacik (bottom right, yogurt and cucumber), dolma (bottom middle: stuffed grape leaves) , babganoush (top right: eggplant, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and spices), grilled halloumi (top right: grilled halloumi cheese), sigara borek (middle: deep fried cigar-shaped rolls with feta and parsley), and feta cheese (middle left). 

Roomie had: Kofte
Grilled ground lamb and beef patties with onions, parsley and spices. Served with grilled veggies and rice (and of course delicious pita and sauce)

I had: Karisik Pide

Boat shaped Turkish pizza with soujouk (Turkish sausage), mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, steak and kashar cheese

We also enjoyed a bottle of Turkish white wine  





KAVAKLIDERE CANKAYA WHITE (TURKEY)
The best selling white wine of Turkey. A blend of four grape varieties with aromas of apple, pear and citrus. Light, fresh and elegant.



This was the second time I've been to TurCuisine. The first was on a date with the boyfriend during Christmas break. I had Tavuk Shish (chicken kebabs) served with rice and grilled veggies and he had Pirzola (lamb chops with rice and steamed veggies). Both were amazing. We had the Sigar Borek appetizer and we tried 4 types of wine: 





KAVAKLIDERE YAKUT RED (TURKEY)
The best selling red wine of Turkey. Ruby red color, light bodied, fresh, 
fruity, and spicy with aromas of cherry and strawberry
Light, fresh and elegant.

KAVAKLIDERE SELECTION RED (TURKEY)
Dark red color with ripe red fruit aromas complemented with spicy notes. 
Well structured, intense and full bodied.

CHATEAU KEFRAYA LES BRETECHES (LEBANON)
Dark ruby color with flavors of black cherry, plum and spice.
**very spicy, don't drink with a dessert!

HOB NOB PINOT NOIR (FRANCE)
Enticing flavors of cherry, earth and spice, refined and elegant.
**very sweet, almost like a dessert wine



No comments:

Post a Comment